Pros and Cons of Living in France
Last updated on May 09, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in France include its rich culture, beautiful scenery, and excellent cuisine. Additionally, France has a strong economy and a high quality of life. On the other hand, the cost of living in France can be quite high, and the language barrier can be a challenge for those who don't speak French. Additionally, the bureaucracy in France can be difficult to navigate.
What are the pros and cons of living in France?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in France responded:
"We are very happy here despite our lack of language skills. People have been very friendly and have helped us in many ways to overcome some of the difficulties we have faced. I cannot think of anything I dislike about the place," said one in St Nicolas du Pelem.
"Sarlat La Caneda is a perfect living location for those who like history, food, architecture, entertainment and outdoor activities. Health care is great and available and not so expensive. Social activities are ample," explained one expat in Sarlat.
What do expats in France appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to France?
- How do I find a place to live in France?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in France?
- What is the average cost of housing in France?
- Should I buy or rent a home in France?
- What should I pack when moving to France?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in France?
- Why do people move to France?
- How are healthcare services in France?
- What are medical services in France like?
- What are typical rents in France?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?