Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Galway?
When we asked expats in Galway if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Galway, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in Galway can be considered expensive for some individuals, especially for those without a medical card or private insurance. Public healthcare is available, but it may come with long waiting times and limited choices in terms of specialists. Private healthcare offers more options and faster access to services, but it comes at a higher cost. Health insurance can help cover these expenses, but the premiums can be pricey depending on the coverage and the individual's age and health status. Overall, the cost of healthcare and health insurance in Galway can be a significant financial burden for some residents," commented one expat who made the move to Galway, Ireland.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
"Medical insurance is extremely complicated and needs to be renegotiated every year. Tax relief is available. Many things are not covered. People with chronic on going conditions would have difficulties. Whether your insurance is accepted depends on the individual policy and there is usually an excess to pay. Medical care in Ireland is probably the most expensive in Europe. Specialists charge 150-250 euros for 10 minute appointments. Hospital beds start at 1000 per day in crowded dirty wards," remarked another expat in Galway, Ireland.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Galway?
- What do I need to know before moving to Galway?
- How do I find a place to live in Galway?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Galway?
- What is the average cost of housing in Galway?
- How do I meet people in Galway?
- What should I pack when moving to Galway?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Galway?
- Will I be able to find a job in Galway?
- What is life like in Galway?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Galway?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Galway?
- What is the social scene like in Galway?
- What advice to expats in Galway have about housing?
- What are medical services in Galway like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Galway?
- Is the cost of living in Galway high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Galway?
- Why do people move to Galway?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Galway?If you live in Galway, newcomers to Galway would love to hear your answer to this question: