What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in New Zealand is generally very pleasant. The country is known for its stunning natural beauty, with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and kayaking. The cities are modern and vibrant, with plenty of cultural attractions and activities to explore. The cost of living is relatively low compared to other developed countries, making it an attractive destination for those looking to live and work abroad. The people are friendly and welcoming, and the country is known for its excellent healthcare system. Expats and digital nomads can also benefit from the country's strong economy and job opportunities," said a member in New Zealand.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"In Kapiti I'd say people's lives revolve more around family, sports, socializing; it's perhaps less business oriented than Wellington. The beach and nature reserves are a big tourist draw here, and are well enjoyed by people living here too," remarked another expat who made the move to Kapiti Coast , New Zealand.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What do I need to know before moving to New Zealand?
- How do I find a place to live in New Zealand?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in New Zealand?
- What is the average cost of housing in New Zealand?
- Should I buy or rent a home in New Zealand?
- What should I pack when moving to New Zealand?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in New Zealand?
- Why do people move to New Zealand?
- What are healthcare services like in New Zealand?
- What are medical services in New Zealand like?
- What are typical rents in New Zealand?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in New Zealand, newcomers to New Zealand would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.