What is a typical expat home or apartment like in New Zealand?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in New Zealand is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in New Zealand tend to be modern and comfortable, with plenty of natural light and open spaces. Many expats choose to live in larger cities such as Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, where they can find a variety of housing options, from high-rise apartments to suburban homes. Expat homes and apartments often come with amenities such as a balcony, a garden, and a garage. Expats can also find furnished apartments, which come with all the necessary furniture and appliances," said another expat in New Zealand.
"We have a 3 bedroom home on about a half acre with mature trees and great views. Most homes have 4 bedrooms, but are smaller and on less land," wrote a member who made the move to Dunedin, Otago - South Island NZ, New Zealand.
- What should I pack when moving to New Zealand?
- Where should I setup a bank account in New Zealand?
- Will I be able to find a job in New Zealand?
- What is life like in New Zealand?
- What do expats in New Zealand appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in New Zealand?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in New Zealand accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in New Zealand like?
- What are healthcare services like in New Zealand?
- What are medical services in New Zealand like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in New Zealand?
- What are emergency services like in New Zealand?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in New Zealand?
- How are local medical facilities in New Zealand?
- As a foreigner living in New Zealand, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in New Zealand?If you live in New Zealand, newcomers to New Zealand would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.