Cost of Living in The Netherlands
Last updated on Nov 27, 2021
Summary: What is the cost of living in Netherlands? Hear what expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Netherlands have to say about the cost of housing, health insurance and general living costs.
What is the average cost of housing in The Netherlands?
If you are thinking about moving to The Netherlands, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing:
"Factoring in space/square footage, probably a little less. Depends on what you came from and where you settle here. It isn't cheap," remarked another expat in The Hague.
"My housing costs are much higher. I pay around 1800 each month now agains around 800 US in Austin," explained one expat living in Amsterdam.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Netherlands Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Netherlands
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Netherlands
- Real Estate in Netherlands
- Guide to Real Estate in Netherlands
- Pros & Cons of Living in Netherlands
- Cost of Living in Netherlands
- 6 Tips for Expats Having a Baby in The Netherlands
- 7 Things to Know Before Moving to The Netherlands
- 5 Tips for Tech Jobs in Amsterdam
- 2022 Guide to Living in Netherlands
- 2022 Guide to Moving to Netherlands