Cost of Living in Tihany, Hungary
Last updated on May 02, 2023
Summary: What is the cost of living in Tihany, Hungary? Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Tihany talk about the general living costs, the cost of housing and health insurance.
Is the cost of living in Tihany high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Tihany, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Tihany is considered to be moderate. The cost of housing is relatively affordable, especially when compared to larger cities. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city center may be quite reasonable. Utilities such as electricity, heating, cooling, water, and garbage are also not very expensive. Internet connection is generally affordable and reliable. When it comes to groceries, prices can vary. Local produce, bread, dairy, and other basic food items are usually inexpensive, while imported goods and specialty items may cost more. Eating out at restaurants can range from very affordable at local eateries to more expensive at high-end establishments. Transportation costs are also quite reasonable in Tihany. Public transportation is efficient and affordable, and the cost of gasoline is on par with the European average. Healthcare in Tihany is generally good and affordable, especially if you are covered by the national health insurance. Overall, the cost of living in Tihany is lower than in many Western European countries, but it may be higher than in other parts of Hungary," said one person in Tihany.
Will I save money living in Tihany?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Tihany?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Tihany?
- What is the average cost of housing in Tihany?
- How do I meet people in Tihany?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Tihany?
- What should I pack when moving to Tihany?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tihany?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tihany?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Tihany?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Tihany?
- What is the social scene like in Tihany?
- What advice to expats in Tihany have about housing?
- What are medical services in Tihany like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tihany?
- Is the cost of living in Tihany high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Tihany?
- Why do people move to Tihany?