What should I pack when moving to Leiden?
We asked people living in Leiden to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Leiden, it is important to pack warm clothing, as the climate is temperate and can get quite cold in the winter. Rain gear is also essential, as the Netherlands is known for its rainy weather. It is also important to bring a bike, as cycling is a popular form of transportation in the city. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items to make your new home feel more comfortable, such as pictures, books, and other decorations. Finally, don't forget to bring any necessary documents, such as your passport and visa," said a member in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Leiden?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Leiden?
- Will I be able to find a job in Leiden?
- What is life like in Leiden?
- What do expats in Leiden appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Leiden?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Leiden accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Leiden like?
- What are healthcare services like in Leiden?
- What are medical services in Leiden like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Leiden?
- What are emergency services like in Leiden?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Leiden?
- How are local medical facilities in Leiden?
- As a foreigner living in Leiden, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Leiden?If you live in Leiden, newcomers to Leiden would love to hear your answer to this question.