Is the cost of living in Jeddah high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Jeddah, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Jeddah is generally considered to be high. Prices for basic necessities such as food, housing, and transportation are all relatively expensive. Eating out can be costly, and the cost of rent is usually quite high. However, the cost of utilities such as electricity and water are relatively low. Additionally, the cost of entertainment and leisure activities can vary depending on the activity," wrote a member who made the move to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Quickly and easily find trusted moving, insurance, relocation and other providers with Expat Exchange's Moving Planner. Select which of our trusted partners you would like to hear from and we'll do the rest.
Get Started Now
- What should I pack when moving to Jeddah?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Jeddah?
- Will I be able to find a job in Jeddah?
- What is life like in Jeddah?
- What do expats in Jeddah appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Jeddah?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Jeddah accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Jeddah like?
- What are healthcare services like in Jeddah?
- What are medical services in Jeddah like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Jeddah?
- What are emergency services like in Jeddah?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Jeddah?
- How are local medical facilities in Jeddah?
- As a foreigner living in Jeddah, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Jeddah high?If you live in Jeddah, newcomers to Jeddah would love to hear your answer to this question.