What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
When we asked what advice they have for others considering retiring abroad, they advised...
"Retirees in Jeddah advise others considering retiring abroad to research the local culture and customs, as well as the cost of living and healthcare options. They also suggest getting to know the local people and learning the language, if possible, to make the transition smoother. Additionally, retirees in Jeddah recommend taking advantage of the city's many attractions, such as its beaches, parks, and historical sites. Finally, they suggest having a plan for how to stay connected with family and friends back home," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
"When considering retiring abroad, do your research. Look into everything from cost of living, legal and taxation requirements, to climate and cultural differences. Have a thorough understanding of what you need to meet the legal/residency requirements for the country, as well as if medical care is available in the area. Consider connecting with other expats, as they can provide tips and advice. When possible, visit the area multiple times before making a decision, as it can look very different in person than online. Finally, keep in mind the importance of having a good support system in place, such as neighbours and family who can help if needed," commented one expat who made the move to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Jeddah?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Jeddah?
- Will I be able to find a job in Jeddah?
- What is life like in Jeddah?
- What do expats in Jeddah appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Jeddah?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Jeddah accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Jeddah like?
- What are healthcare services like in Jeddah?
- What are medical services in Jeddah like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Jeddah?
- What are emergency services like in Jeddah?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Jeddah?
- How are local medical facilities in Jeddah?
- As a foreigner living in Jeddah, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?If you live in Jeddah, newcomers to Jeddah would love to hear your answer to this question.