What should I pack when moving to Amsterdam?
We asked people living in Amsterdam to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Amsterdam, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and lifestyle. Pack clothing that is suitable for the cooler temperatures, such as sweaters, jackets, and scarves. Bring comfortable shoes for walking around the city, as well as an umbrella for the frequent rain. Additionally, it is important to bring items that will help you feel at home, such as pictures of family and friends, favorite books, and any other items that will make you feel comfortable in your new home. Finally, make sure to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and other important paperwork," said another expat in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
"Brought: Golf set, Ski's and Lap Top Left: Sun Glasses, Swimming Trousers, Tanning lotion :)," wrote a member who made the move to Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Amsterdam?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Amsterdam?
- Will I be able to find a job in Amsterdam?
- What is life like in Amsterdam?
- What do expats in Amsterdam appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Amsterdam?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Amsterdam accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Amsterdam like?
- What are healthcare services like in Amsterdam?
- What are medical services in Amsterdam like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Amsterdam?
- What are emergency services like in Amsterdam?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Amsterdam?
- How are local medical facilities in Amsterdam?
- As a foreigner living in Amsterdam, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Amsterdam?If you live in Amsterdam, newcomers to Amsterdam would love to hear your answer to this question.