Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in UAE?
When we asked expats in UAE if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in UAE, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in the UAE can be expensive, depending on the type of coverage and services required. Generally, the cost of healthcare in the UAE is higher than in other countries due to the high quality of care available. Health insurance plans vary in cost depending on the type of coverage and services offered. Some plans may cover basic medical expenses, while others may include more comprehensive coverage. Additionally, the cost of health insurance in the UAE is affected by factors such as age, pre-existing conditions, and the type of plan chosen," said a member in UAE.
"Health insurance is covered by the company we work for. We pay a minimal fee per doctors visit but thats it," remarked another expat who made the move to Dubai, UAE.
- What do I need to know before moving to the UAE?
- How do I find a place to live in the UAE?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in the UAE?
- What is the average cost of housing in the UAE?
- Should I buy or rent a home in the UAE?
- What should I pack when moving to the UAE?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in the UAE?
- Why do people move to the UAE?
- What are healthcare services like in the UAE?
- What are medical services in the UAE like?
- What are typical rents in the UAE?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in UAE?If you live in the UAE, newcomers to the UAE would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.