Real Estate in Florence, Italy
Last updated on Sep 05, 2022
Summary: People living in Florence, Italy offer advice about real estate. How do you find a home in Florence? Should you buy or rent? What is the cost of housing?
How do I find a place to live in Florence?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"I researched a year before moving on the Internet and found apartmentsflorence.com who skyped with me from Florence. Lorenzo the owner described many different options and I felt very comfortable making the decision which apartment to rent before I moved. Took care of the first months rent online, very efficient," said another person in Florence.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Florence?
"I chose a two bedroom apartment because my 28 year old daughter came with and we wanted our own bedrooms. Plus, we knew we would have relatives and friends come. There was an elevator that maybe half of the apartments have with washer in the unit. Not many houses to rent except maybe in the country," said another person in Florence.
What is the average cost of housing in Florence?
If you are thinking about moving to Florence, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing:
"The euro was high in 2013 when I moved there at 1.47 so my first apartment was 1200 euro a month. I moved closer to the city center by the Ponte Vecchio and I paid 1600 euro which is much higher than Minneapolis. You can stay within 1000 for a two bedroom if you don't mind being out of the center of town or in a lower neighborhood," explained one person living in Florence, Italy.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Florence?
- How do I find a place to live in Florence?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Florence?
- What is the average cost of housing in Florence?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Florence?
- What should I pack when moving to Florence?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Florence?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Florence?
- What are healthcare services like in Florence?
- Is the cost of living in Florence high?
- Will I save money living in Florence?
- Why do people move to Florence?
- How are healthcare services Florence?
- What are medical services in Florence like?