Are common prescription medications available in Japan?
When we asked expats in Japan if common prescription medications are available in Japan, they wrote...
"There are pharmacies in every neighborhood and they are easily accessible and reasonably priced. However, being in Japan, some medications may not be available or provided. Therefore, check which medications are available before moving to Japan," explained one expat living in Tokyo, Japan.
"Pharmacies are usually attached to hospitals or clinics and require prescriptions. There are drugstores for over-the-counter medicine. Prescription medicine is priced pretty low, depending on what coverage and costs you are used to," said another in Tokyo, Japan.
- What do I need to know before moving to Japan?
- How do I find a place to live in Japan?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Japan?
- What is the average cost of housing in Japan?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Japan?
- What should I pack when moving to Japan?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Japan?
- Why do people move to Japan?
- What are healthcare services like in Japan?
- What are medical services in Japan like?
- What are typical rents in Japan?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Are common prescription medications available in Japan?If you live in Japan, newcomers to Japan would love to hear your answer to this question: