Why do people move to Belgium?
When we asked people why foreigners move to Belgium, they responded...
"Belgium is a prosperous and culturally diverse country with a high standard of living, making it an attractive destination for expats. Its vibrant cities, picturesque countryside, and excellent healthcare system are other benefits for those considering relocation to Belgium. Additionally, Belgium has a vibrant job market and boasts a strong economy, offering plenty of opportunities for individuals looking for a new start. This, coupled with the country’s excellent transport links, makes Belgium an attractive choice for many expats. Furthermore, Belgium has a rich and diverse culture with numerous activities, festivals, and attractions that make it an ideal place to experience a new culture or lifestyle," said another in Belgium.
"Brussels is a pleasant city, calm and easy to reach for everything, whether it is sports clubs, the city center or for simple shopping. Brussels is an international city where everyone feels at home," explained one expat who made the move to Brussels, Belgium.
- What should I pack when moving to Belgium?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Belgium?
- Will I be able to find a job in Belgium?
- What is life like in Belgium?
- What do expats in Belgium appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Belgium?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Belgium accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Belgium like?
- What are healthcare services like in Belgium?
- What are medical services in Belgium like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Belgium?
- What are emergency services like in Belgium?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Belgium?
- How are local medical facilities in Belgium?
- As a foreigner living in Belgium, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Why do people move to Belgium?If you live in Belgium, newcomers to Belgium would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.