What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Expats and digital nomads living in Mexico often find that life there is full of opportunities for relaxation, adventure, and cultural exploration. Mexico's mild climate, friendly locals and vibrant cities make it a desirable place for many expats and digital nomads looking to settle down in a new country. The country also offers a variety of activities and locations for expats, ranging from its stunning beaches, old-world colonial cities, and incredible nature preserves. Expats and digital nomads in Mexico enjoy a low cost of living, and they are able to find affordable housing, transportation, and food. Although learning the local language can be challenging due to the lack of English-speaking facilities and programs, the country is known for its welcoming culture and its legal system that aids expats in obtaining visas and permanency. Overall, Mexico is an ideal destination for expats and digital nomads, who can enjoy the warm weather, low cost of living, and vibrant culture while continuing their work abroad," explained one expat living in Mexico.
"Mexicans work to live though btwn work and commuting they spend on average an exorbitant amount of time there yet always have time to stop and chat," said another expat in Mexico City, Mexico.
- What do I need to know before moving to Mexico?
- How do I find a place to live in Mexico?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mexico?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mexico?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Mexico?
- What should I pack when moving to Mexico?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Mexico?
- Why do people move to Mexico?
- What are healthcare services like in Mexico?
- What are medical services in Mexico like?
- What are typical rents in Mexico?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Mexico, newcomers to Mexico would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.