Is there a lot of crime in France?
We asked people if there is a lot of crime. They answered...
"There is some crime in France, but overall it is considered fairly safe, particularly compared to other countries. Crime rates in some major cities, such as Paris, are higher than in other parts of the country, with pickpocketing and other petty crimes being most common. There are also higher levels of organized crime, drug trafficking, and gang-related violence in some parts of the country. France has implemented various measures to combat crime, including increased police presence and tougher laws," explained one expat living in France.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"Not more then other comparably sized cities in Europe. I find that if I stay out of the troubled areas and habits the crime does not affect me on a personal level. Know what parts of the cities to avoid," said another expat in Marseille, France.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to France?
- Where should I setup a bank account in France?
- Will I be able to find a job in France?
- What is life like in France?
- What do expats in France appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in France?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in France accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in France like?
- What are healthcare services like in France?
- What are medical services in France like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in France?
- What are emergency services like in France?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in France?
- How are local medical facilities in France?
- As a foreigner living in France, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is there a lot of crime in France?If you live in France, newcomers to France would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.