What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Italy?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Italy is like. They answered...
"A typical expat home or apartment in Italy might typically be spacious, luminous, and well-furnished in comparison to Italian standards. It might have luxurious finishes such as high ceilings, large windows, traditional terracotta tiles and large balconies overlooking the streets of the city. It might also have modern amenities such as air conditioning and modern kitchen appliances. Expat apartments typically have access to an outdoor communal garden or terrace and there might even be a gym, shared swimming pool, or other communal facilities," said a member in Italy.
"A mansarda, attic apartment. We know some expats who have bought "rustico" homes and embarked on extensive, and expensive, remodels. Others purchased apartments. We are renting a cheap apartment, but it is too small, too noisy, and are hoping to find something better," remarked another expat who made the move to Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy.
- What do I need to know before moving to Italy?
- How do I find a place to live in Italy?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Italy?
- What is the average cost of housing in Italy?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Italy?
- What should I pack when moving to Italy?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Italy?
- Why do people move to Italy?
- What are healthcare services like in Italy?
- What are medical services in Italy like?
- What are typical rents in Italy?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Italy?If you live in Italy, newcomers to Italy would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.