What are the visa & residency requirements in South Africa?
We asked people about the visa & residency requirements in South Africa, they wrote...
"In order to visit South Africa, visitors must obtain a visa prior to their arrival. The process of applying for a visa involves submitting an application form, providing a valid passport, and paying the applicable visa fee. Depending on the purpose of the visit, additional documents may be required. In order to obtain residency in South Africa, applicants must submit an application form, provide a valid passport, and pay the applicable fee. Depending on the purpose of the residency, additional documents may be required. Additionally, applicants may be required to provide proof of financial means, a medical certificate, and a police clearance certificate. Once the application is approved, the applicant will be issued a residence permit," remarked another expat who made the move to South Africa.
- What should I pack when moving to South Africa?
- Where should I setup a bank account in South Africa?
- Will I be able to find a job in South Africa?
- What is life like in South Africa?
- What do expats in South Africa appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in South Africa?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in South Africa accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in South Africa like?
- What are healthcare services like in South Africa?
- What are medical services in South Africa like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in South Africa?
- What are emergency services like in South Africa?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in South Africa?
- How are local medical facilities in South Africa?
- As a foreigner living in South Africa, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the visa & residency requirements in South Africa?If you live in South Africa, newcomers to South Africa would love to hear your answer to this question: