CIGNA Expat Health Insurance

Italy Expat Forum

Physical therapist or something else job??

Post New Topic
4/13/2013 17:54 EST

My husband is considering a teaching job in Italy. I am an American physical therapist and speak English and Portuguese (but no Italian YET).
We have 3 girls (2 who would be going to school with husband) and 1 who is only 18mo.
So I am wondering what would be the options for me?
Would I be able to find a job as a physical therapist once I learned the language?
What jobs are available for Americans in Italy? Finally, would be realistic to find maybe an extra child or two to watch (and make some extra cash while learning Italian)?
Any ideas?
Thank you so much

Post a Reply


4/14/2013 10:59 EST

Teach ESL (English). There's gonna be competition, but you can always teach privately at home, charge good rates and get a leg up on that competition. There's more demand for English in Italy than there is for massage therapy. You might need a license for that too, and if you're not citizen and if you don't speak the language, it could be a slow boat to China........

Post a Reply


Expatriate Health Insurance

Get a quote for expat health insurance in Italy.

Mail Forwarding to Italy

Mail Forwarding to Italy.

Expat Tax

Expat Tax Preparation, Expat Tax Professionals

International Moving Companies

Moving to Italy? Find a moving company.

Join Today (free)

Join Expat Exchange to meet expats in your area or get advice before your move. It's FREE and takes 1 minute!

Copyright 1997-2018 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal